Whether you are a family thinking of getting away this summer for a fun-filled break with activities to keep the kids occupied, or a couple looking for a multi-centre holiday of a lifetime, then now is the time to get those thinking caps on and start booking before the rush. We’ve compiled some ideas for you to get the ball rolling and ideas flowing.
Obviously the suitability of any holiday does depend on the age and interests of the children and the tastes of the whole family, but one thing that rings universally true is that Dubai takes some beating.
Historically thought of as a shopping holiday destination, Dubai has rapidly become the go-to family holiday of choice for those in the know. There are many reasons for this but among them are:
- An excellent range of hotels with superb buffets and all-inclusive options and facilities for all, including great children’s activities and sports
- Superb weather
- Six hours flight and excellent airlines
- Atlantis the Palm resort – absolutely stunning place with a wonderful aquarium as well as an aqua park - “Aquaventure” - that will blow the socks off even the most hard to please kids!
- Kidzania! KidZania is an indoor play area built to resemble a small town and screams Las Vegas. It is stunningly lit and full of fun things to do.
- On top of all of the glitz, glamour and entertainment Dubai also has some cultural gems for that spot of education and experience to offer the children and you parents. The spice market is intoxicating and there is the world’s tallest building to visit, not to mention the shopping.
Anglesey, North Wales
For those seeking something closer to home and more bracing, there is no place quite like Anglesey. Mile after mile of desolate beaches, lovely walks, shells to collect, fish to catch and rock pools to explore, Anglesey is much loved as a British family holiday destination for those who have explored its magical nooks and crannies.
Sri Lanka & the Maldives
As far as destinations go Sri Lanka multi-centre holidays take some beating. There is the weather, wildlife, amazing culture and food and so many wonderful and invigorating things to do, including:
- Yoga retreats for mindful rebalancing
- National parks
- Whale watching
- Sun and beautiful beaches
- The culture of the city
Add to this the fact that the incomparable Maldives are just around the corner and can easily be added to a trip and you have a real winner of a holiday.
The cruise option
For those with a nautical sensibility the cruise presents a superb option for exploring multiple destinations while having the time of your life getting from place to place. The Yasawa Princess is a splendid example of an exhilarating cruise and can itself be combined with a Sri Lankan exploration as it is based around the Maldives islands. What could be better than gazing out over the emerald waters and exploring all of the beauty that the Maldives can boast?